MacOS X Email Client?
So I recently upgraded to MacOS X and for the most part I'm loving it. But I haven't found an email client that sings. So far
- I hear the MacOS X Mail program is kinda lame
- I've used Eudora in the past, and I'm willing to again. The interface is embarrasingly bad at times, but I've been using it for so long it's second nature.
- Mailsmith has all the speed and niceties you'd expect from the makers of BBEdit, but it's optimized for keyboard shortcuts, having almost no buttons in the interface. Too clumsy for me.
- I'd be willing to check out Entourage (especially to try out Six Degrees), but apparently Microsoft only sells it with Office and I don't use Office enough to justify upgrading.
- Anyone using Mulberry? It looks very strong technically but a little suspect in the interface department.
- Being quite satisfied with Mozilla, I'm seriously considering using its email. I like having the ability to email, surf, and do basic HTML markup all in one place.
Update: Mr. Allen, and a couple others, say Entourage is solid. Of Powermail he says, '...fairly stripped down, good filtering capabilities, and nicer looking than Eudora.'
Mr. Garrett writes in that Entourage does have some nifty features but that search is 'appallingly slow' and instead he's considering Mozilla, as is Michael. I save every email ever and tend to search my folders a lot, so this is making me want Entourage less.
Herr Garrett also mentions Zoe, which we agreed was intriguing but perhaps not ready for everyday use.
And, I just found the Apple directory of email clients.
So, I'm trying the Powermail demo to see if it's worth $49 more than Mozilla.
Also, there's SweetMail.
Sunday, June 16, 2002 | Permalink | Filed in Email