Noise Between Stations
You pick out a book from the list below, tell me you want it, and I mail it to you. All I ask is you either pass the book onto to someone else after you've read it or send me a book I like (new or used) in return.
The Not So Skinny
It recently occured to me that:
- Although I love my books, most of the books I own are mere decoration. I only use a small percentage of them for reference or for reading more than once.
- Great books shouldn't just sit on my bookshelf when others could be enjoying them.
- My apartment is too damn cluttered.
So by sending these books out into the world, and perhaps getting some back, I hope to introduce both you and I to new ideas. And imagine the joy of receiving a book in the mail that you didn't even pay for. So, pick out a book!
- The Clock of the Long Now Stewart Brand
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Hunter S. Thompson
- Geeks Jon Katz,
- Hocus Pocus Kurt Vonnegut
- The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul (Hardcover!) Douglas Adams
- Mostly Harmless (Hardcover!) Douglas Adams
- One Hundred Years of Solitude Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Noble prize winner!)
- The Restaurant at the End of the Universe Douglas Adams
- The Selfish Gene Richard Dawkins
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish Douglas Adams
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish (Hardcover!) Douglas Adams
- The Tom Peters Semimar Tom Peters